I recently collaborated on Instagram with Victoria Cookware, one of my favorite cast-iron pan companies! For this collaboration, I created a super simple and delicious summer pasta salad using their new 13″ skillet.
One of my favorite parts about Victoria Cookware is that their pans come pre-seasoned. If you’ve ever had to season a cast-iron pan, you can imagine how nice pre-seasoned pan is.
The week I received the pan I had about 5 pound of fresh zucchini from the farmers market on hand which inspired me to make a zucchini dish. I had also visited Harley Farms the week before where I picked up some fresh goats milk ricotta. Yum!
Pasta salad is great for the summer because it’s so quick and easy to make. You can make it ahead because it also holds up well and doesn’t need to be served warm which is perfect for summer BBQs.
If you need a side dish for your next BBQ, give this orzo pasta salad a try! Also, check out one of my favorite dishes ever from my last collaboration with Victoria Cookware here.
- 1/2 of a 1lb box of orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 medium sized zucchinis, cubed
- 1/4 lb of ricotta cheese
- 1 handful of mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large cast-iron pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for a few minutes until you can start to smell it (don't let it overcook!).
- Add zucchini to pan and cook until tender, or about 6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When pasta is done, drain and add directly to the pan with zucchini.
- Add lemon juice and zest, ricotta, walnuts, and stir to combine. Top with mint and serve!
- This pasta salad is delicious severed hot or cold.