If you’ve been following me for a while, you probably noticed that I love to make healthy recipes. Many of my recipes are vegan, sugar free, and use local ingredients whenever possible. But I had a secret. I was addicted to diet soda. I know it’s bad for me, but I just couldn’t stop drinking it. Knowing that artificial sweeteners can be just as bad or worse than regular sugar, I’ve been looking for a healthier alternative.
I heard about Zevia, stevia leaf sweetened soda, and decided to give it a try to see if it could replace my soda habit. Zevia has zero calories and zero sugar. It’s also non GMO and made without any artificial sweeteners. And the best part is it tastes better than what I used to drink!
I’ve been drinking Zevia Cola, but decided to try the Black Cherry for this mocktail.
It’s a super simple and refreshing mocktail that takes only a few minutes to put together. And there is no added sugar!
- 1/2 cup of frozen cherries
- 1 can of Zevia Black Cherry soda
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4-1/2 can soda water
- Muddle the cherries until there are no big lumps. Add to a cocktail shaker with Zevia and lemon juice.
- Shake for about 30 seconds until well combined.
- Strain into 2 glasses and top off with soda water.